Tuesday 8 January 2013

Ubah Rocket Style Music Video


Ubah Rocket Style music video

To those uninitiated, Ubah Rocket Style is a music video by DAP which parodies Oppa Gangnam Style. The soft launch of the music video was during the DAP Congress in Penang in December, 2012. The official launch was on the 2nd of January, 2013 in the Kl and Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall.  I was in a few seconds of the music video. Many of my friends called me to verify whether it was me in the video.

It all started when I received a phone call from YB Wong May May asking me to join in their dance performance for her constituency Mambau's Malam Ubah. I immediately agreed as I was practically doing the gangnam style about six times a week ! I attend fitness dance classes as a substitute for my treadmill/running exercises which I have been doing for the past twenty over years. My knees gave way and my good friend Susan Ho recommended me to do fitness dance. My first lesson about two years ago was quite a disaster. I had two left feet and my coordination was all over the place. Finally, I managed to get the hang of it after a few months of intensive lessons.

We had a few dance rehearsals choreographed by an accomplished dance   teacher, Crystal.  After May May's Malam Ubah, we were practically like “superstars” getting invitations to perform by other constituencies. May May even made a music video of us, shot in the Seremban Lake gardens. Then, DAP HQ asked us to join them in their music video. It was shot in Dataran Seremban. It was a fantastic experience working with Junz, Jack and Henry. Later, I found out that it was under the DAP Publicity Bureau headed by YB Tony Pua, YB Teo Nie Ching and Yeo Bee Yin. Look at the final product. It was truly amazing!





1 comment:

  1. there is something more deeper beyond a cute video. For years the tools of trade of a BN propaganda machine utilises fear, anger and distrust mongering, the Ubah bird, the latest DAP campaign song and the Gangnam syle video promote love, laughter with afterthought, poking fun and giving hope...we need a government that teaches the people to love and respect

    ReplyDelete