Saturday 13 July 2013

My late dad's ACS Class of 1963 Golden Anniversary Reunion Dinner - 12th July 2013

From left to right : Helen Ng, Choo Mei Lin, Liau Thai Min (Sir Liau), Siew Moy, Charlie Chan, need to find out the other two ladies' names

The two special guests greeting each other
Group pix

Hold on !

Fun pix

With Miss Gorgeous and Sexy, Ann Ng

Speechie 


My late dad's ACS Class of 1963 Golden Anniversary Reunion Dinner - 12th July 2013

It is a real honour to be able to represent my late dad. I took the liberty to draft the the epitaph inscribed on his tombstone : "Here is a man who defied all logic and odds. We are your legacies" Here I am, carrying on his legacy !

I was asked to make a speech as the President of the Royal Sungei Ujong Club. In my speech, I said when I first found out that my dad's nickname was 阿掰 or "the crippled", I was taken aback. I told them that to me, my dad was perfect as can be and that 阿掰 has done well to bring up four beautiful daughters, including yours truly !

The special guest for the evening was Mrs Ng Shin Koy who is 85 years old ! Mrs Ng (but she wants to be known as Ann) is very witty ! Ann (according to all my dad’s classmates) is the most gorgeous and sexy teacher that my dad's batch has ever had ! She flew down or rather flew up from Down Under. Another special mention is Siew Moy. She  made a trip from California.

I started my speech by saying that I don't normally prepare for my speeches as I speak from the heart. I ended my speech by quoting, "It is by chance that we have met but it is by choice we became friends. Let us continue this wonderful friendship !” Well, I should have said that it is by chance that we have met but it is by choice that we became friends and remain as friends.



2 comments:

  1. The Second Lady in the first Photo from the RIGHT is BEE Ngoh. I cannot remember her surname, thought. CJ Han

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nichole,

    It was great to read your comments and the great photos posted. Likewise, you comments about your dad is TRUE and those of us who had the opportunity to know and grew up with him were lucky and privileged.

    He was a shining example of guts and determination.

    Well thought out speech and truly encouraging and enlightening. Cheers. CJ Han

    ReplyDelete