Wednesday 7 August 2013

Appointment as Political Secretary to MP of Rasah, YB Teo Kok Seong






6th of July, 2013 was the fateful day of which I was appointed as Member of Parliament, YB Teo Kok Seong's political secretary (a glorified personal assistant some may say). Whatever it is, I am thankful to YB Teo for giving me a political platform. 

I checked 6th July and found that my idol, Sir Thomas More was executed for treason against Henry VIII on that day ! On the other hand, Richard I “the Lionheart” acceded to the English throne in 1189. Richard III was crowned King of England in 1483. I guess it was the best of times and it was the worst of times.

On a lighter note, John Lennon was first introduced to Paul McCartney on the 6th of July, 1957 in Woolton, Liverpool. The most famous statesman born on that day is Stamford Raffles in 1781.

No comments:

Post a Comment