Tuesday 1 January 2013

2013, A Year of CHANGE !


2013, a year of CHANGE ! With the beautiful and able Ng Pei San in Penang.

It is now 2013 ! Fancy that. Here I am sitting in my BIL’s condo in front of my notebook still trying to complete my Malay article. I thought of using the oft-quoted but fashionable “Tirai tahun 2012 hanya tinggal … hari untuk dilabuhkan semasa saya menulis artikel ini”. I guess I can’t make it on time. The “… hari” was amended from “3” until it can’t be amended anymore.  Maybe it was all the distractions. Maybe it was truly a writer’s block. I could hear the countdown from the poolside and the celebration just now at the stroke of midnight.

I would like to share this quotation by Ellen Goodman with you : “We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential”. On that note, I have never believed in making new year's resolutions as we need to constantly improve ourselves and not wait until the new year. Count our blessings and live our lives with convictions !


No comments:

Post a Comment